It’s been a little over a month since I last posted. Here’s what I’ve been up to in the past month:
1. Started an editorial internship with the online news and culture magazine, The Root
2. Saw the play Let Me Down Easy and interviewed Anna Deveare Smith, the playwright-actress who conceived the fascinating show. She plays 20 characters in her one-woman show.
3. Been thinking a lot about the 1990s. I watched Dave Chappelle’s Block Party the other night and got a little misty-eyed when Lauryn Hill came out.
4. Trying to get organized: have to sign Kayla up for summer camp while it’s still early.
5. The spring semester began a few weeks ago. I’m taking a lit course in experimental poetry which is fascinating, all hands down. I’m also taking an Creative Nonfiction course while I rewrite my poems and make them better.
6. I just ordered networking cards for AWP. I’m preparing to talk about Folio’s poetry contest on Jo Reed’s On the Margins, tomorrow morning.
7. Seen way too much snow.
8. I’m happy to report that I paid of my credit card debt, almost $15,000 worth.
9. I finally purchased a copy of Danielle Evan’s short story collection, Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self.
10. I’m also preparing to teach poetry over the next four month for the Arlington Public Schools–from elementary all the way through high school.
More soon. . .