Sorry it’s been so long since I last posted something. I’m so grateful for those of you who still read this blog. I can see that there’s a steady stream of visitors everyday.
Here are some things I’ve learned/done/or am working on since the last time I’ve posted (which was back in January, yikes!)
1. I’m trying so hard to learn to be patient with my writing. I believe in our click-of-a-mouse paced world, we all want to hurry up and finish something and sent it off. I’ m learning to be okay with this NOT being the case for my writing.
2. My editorial internship with The Root will conclude at the close of April. I can’t believe 5 months have gone by so fast. I’ve learned a number of things that I know will enrich my flirtatious relationship with journalism.
3. I’ve been thinking a lot about Father’s Day. My daughter turns 7 this year. Though the journey is hardly over, I can’t believe it’s been almost 7 years.
4. I’ve learned to be grateful for everything I have. It’s so easy to complain but it’s really amazing to wake up with a sense of purpose and to do exactly what I wanted to do since I was a little boy.
5. I’ve been tweeting. You can follow me @abdulali_. There are lovely film strips from 1988 of me, compliments of my Uncle Martin.