It’s been a while since I had time to sit and give this blog the attention it deserves. But here are a few things that are going on:
- Split This Rock Poetry Festival is hosting a fundraiser on Jan. 18th. R. Dwayne Betts will be headlining the event along with the DC Youth Slam Team. Hope to see you there.
- I’ll be reading poems at Bus Boys at 14th and V on Sunday, January 17th at 4pm. This will mark the fourth year of the Sunday Kind of Love reading series. The cast are all twenty-something DC area poets. I’m delighted to be reading with Danielle Evennou and Adam Pellegrini.
- This month also marks the release of the new anthology of DC Poetry: Full Moon on K Street edited by Kim Roberts. I’m very honored to be a part of this anthology of such distinguished writers. I believe I’m the youngest poet listed in the anthology as the content is in chronological order by birth year.
- The Hurston/Wright Foundation will be hosting a very special event on Friday, January 15th at 6:30 pm at the Charles Sumner School. It will be a discussion of MLK’s landmark speeches and their relevance for today.
- Finally, I joined a writing group today. I was suspicious of writing groups for a long time but I’ll keep you posted on my progress. (I won’t be focusing on poetry in the group; Instead, I’ll be flexing my muscles at nonfiction and fiction.)